Armor advise for a newbie.

For questions from people wanting to join.

Moderators: shadowscout, Moderators

RLH2515
Veteran

Armor advise for a newbie.

Postby RLH2515 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:29 pm

I am ready to buy my armor but only have one question. When I get my AM2.0 kit will the helmet meet legion standards or is it too much to make it pass. I read he has changed a lot with the 2.0 more accurate helm. Any input before I buy would be appreciated thanks.
Rob Heck
TK/TB-10596
Hero & ESB Expert Infantry Badge # 694
Hero & ESB Centurion #310

TR2101
Executive Officer

Re: Armor advise for a newbie.

Postby TR2101 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Welcome aboard Rob. We have a lot of guys putting together their TK and will be able to point you in the right direction.

You might also want to check out White Armor they are the TK detachment and have a lot of info:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Allen "Shep" Shepherd
TR - IC - TI - IN - IG 2101
Sovereign Protector - Jolly Rogers Squadron - Imperial Officer Corp. - Imperial Gunner
ImageXO by Allen Shepherd, on Flickr
crashmann
Webmaster

Postby crashmann » Wed May 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi Rob,

I did some digging on the whitearmor.net forums, and the only one that's been banned is the old Armor FX helmet. I haven't found anything saying the original AM helmet is not approvable, but plenty of praise for his version 2.0

Also, the Legion Costume Resource Library doesn't say anything about the AM2.0 helmet not being up to par.
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Three of our troopers have been approved with the AM version 2.0 helmet in the last year, so I think you should have no problem with that.
Charlie Mann
TI-386
TK-50421
Veteran

Postby TK-50421 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:38 am

Agreed w/ what Charlie says - you'll have no problem getting approved w/ the AM2.0 bucket. Actually assembling the bucket, that's something else. It was arguably the toughest part of the build. My "ears" cover up quite a few different holes that were made trying to get it assembled.
Leonard Chamberlin

DZ/TK-50421
TriumphTrooper8
Membership Officer

Postby TriumphTrooper8 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:37 pm

The AM 2.0 has the better chest plate and back versus 1.0. You can get basic approval with the 2.0 and even Expert Infantry (EIB). The issue is the back plate that AM is working on but it is larger and not as accurate as the CRL wants for Centurion. I have a AM 1.0/2.0 hybrid that is EIB. The helmet is three pieces and the ears are a royal pain to get fitted. The helmet is also larger than those used in the film. The purpose of the AM kit is for the over 5'-9 and 165lb troopers wanting a TK.
Michael Perkins
OLG GML-FISD Attache
MEPD - Ol' Garda 76ers Patrol
FO-TK (EIB)/"Move along" TD/TB (LANCER)-10114